Sunday, May 13, 2007

walking in your shoes...

And then I told myself ‘what the f***!’ is happening. I become impatient once again. Comparing myself with those ahead of me brings me frustration, comparing myself with those behind me makes me calm. My will is warped. I want to be in a road where nobody is in front of me and nobody is behind me. Yeah!

The other day I was playing chess with my colleague at office and unavoidably there were three-four spectators. One of them was known to me and so he became a little advice-giver type of spectator while others only watched silently. Game starts… we reach a critical move… my colleague makes a move… this fellow barks out ‘you should have taken the knight’… I stare at him and say ‘let him play boss…’ my voice was warning coated with a little honey. So he calmed down for a while.

We resume the game. After a while again critical point reached. This fellow again starts ‘that’s it… move the knight… take the bishop…’ this time to me. I look at him straight in the eyes and tell him ‘Boss! You come and play at my place. I don’t like other people playing my game!’ Tension grips, but we resume the game. I managed to win finally but I didn’t feel like I won! Doing certain things is like having sex, you can't let others state terms to you!!!

That’s the problem with the game-watchers, they are very eager to comment and criticize, but when it comes to playing it themselves their sphincter loses its grip, and they get a verbal diarrhea of excuses. Some times I wish I was deaf so that I never had to listen to these assholes.

‘Advice should not be given until unless asked for’.

I don’t like playing other people’s game.
I don’t like other people playing my game.

1 comment:

Sushil said...

I lkied these lines:
"Never allow others to play your game."
and
"Advice should not be given until it is asked for."