Tuesday, May 15, 2007

complicated...

There is a saying in my village that ‘Lucky is the man who is blessed with the healthy defecation every morning…’

I have come a long way from the point of being one step away from the unrecoverable kidney infection. Tobacco and alcohol are not meant for every mortal. Or perhaps there is a minimum physical qualification for being able to make use of these things. Or perhaps the degree of physical strength is directly proportional to the amount of drugs that a person can take. At first, I started drinking and smoking to elevate my mood, sometimes as stress-buster. But later, when I involuntarily indulged myself in excess of alcohol and tobacco, one day I realized that they have started driving my mood! My pee came out like chlorinated water, with traces of white albumin in it. My sleep was more exhaustive than relaxing. My mood was volatile and my confidence extinguished. I decided to step back.

Before I make any judgments about the THINGS, I must say that alcohol is not a bad thing, neither is tobacco. They are like every other beverage or plant – neutral. It’s just that bad people make bad use of things, and unknowledgeable and undisciplined people (like me) make misuse of things. The effects of alcohol and tobacco on human health vary with the amount taken. One will find that ‘excess of things is bad’ and if they are taken in moderation and with discretion, they can help improving the overall health.

But this whole set-up is to convey one more basic idea – ‘how does a person boot into existence every morning!’

Imagine the operating system on your laptop which takes hell long time (like VISTA) to boot and show the desktop where you can start working. When you reach the desktop and open the task manager, you see many processes running and a few of these processes are actually slowing down the performance of your computer. Some of these can be Trojan Attacks or Viruses.

Same way every morning a person boots himself or herself from sleep into existence. I found that most of the mornings, even when my brain is awake, I pretend to sleep. It’s a state when I am awake but still sleeping. Technically this is called REM (Rapid Eye Movement) sleep – which is not relaxing and most of the dreams come in this state.

After pushing oneself into wakefulness, one usually takes time to finish up the daily chores – defecating, brushing teeth and taking bath/exercise and breakfast. Let us assume that it is after breakfast that we can consider our operating system fully booted with all drivers ready to use. What usually happens with a diseased body is safe mode boot (clean boot) with minimum set of drivers active.

That’s a huge area of research for us modern beings whose day starts a little different when we pull our civilized asses out of our bed. Main focus should be to minimize the boot time and include all necessary steps in our boot process.

There is another saying that ‘We drive fast because we trust our brakes…’ and if our brakes are not trustworthy we can fall at times when we most need to keep moving!

<<…10 Minutes pass and I am staring at the monitor, my brain somewhere in the mountains... Avril Lavigne’s 'Complicated' playing in my ears...>>

...To Myself

What the hell was trying to write? Period... (Back to senses...) Anyhow! I need to bring my body back to health and strength. Last one month has been quite revolutionary with respect to physical and mental growth. But I need to breathe some air of the mountains soon! I am going roaming this time on the mountains!!! Ssssssssss… Ahhhh!!! Preparing myself for that ultimate encounter!

No comments: