Friday, July 4, 2008

no reason...

From House MD.

JM:
If I had killed you, would it have mattered?

GH: Not to me.
JM:
You don't care if you live or die?

GH:
I care because I live. I can't care if I'm dead.

JM:
I don't want to hear semantics.

GH:
You anti-semantic bastard.


JM: Would anybody care that the world lost that wit?
GH:
[Writing an equation of the wall] Working here.

JM:
You don't have to say anything. Just let me soak into your sub-conscious. You think that the only truth that matters is the truth that can be measured. Good intentions don't count, what's in your heart doesn't count, caring doesn't count. A man's life can't be measured by how many tears are shed when he dies. It's because you can't measure them, just because you don't want to measure them, doesn't mean it's not real.


GH:
[Looking at the equation] That does not make any sense.

JM:
And even if i'm wrong, you're still miserable. Did you really think that your only purpose is to sacrifice yourself and get nothing in return? No. You believe there is no purpose... to anything. Even the lives you save you dismiss. You turn the one decent thing in your life and you taint it, strip it of all meaning. You're miserable for nothing. I don't know why you'd want to live.


GH:
[Turning from his writing on the wall] I'm sorry.


No comments: