Sunday, August 12, 2007

eight random things about me…

I got cursed by sidin unwantingly (is there a word like that?). I didn’t want to continue to be the part of curse because I don’t believe in curses and also I don't have a list of eight next victims (euphemism for 'hardly-5-good-people-visit-this-poor-blog'... he he he...) but I thought of giving it a try. I thought it would be a good time killer of sucking weekend (just see the previous post... he he he...). So I copy paste the rules part here:

/Copy Starts...

But before that, as convention demands, I recap the rules of this particular blog leisure activity:


1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.

2. People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.


3. At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.


4. If you fail to do this within eight hours, you will not reach Third Base or attain your most precious goals for at least two more lifetimes.


/Paste Ends...

1. I was a dreamer a few years ago. Then after entering my professional life slowly I grew up to become a failed idealist. When I could not carry the burden of being an idealist I tried being a realist. But reality scared me to death and the very idea of running the blind race brought me to knees. I could not bear its burden either. So now I am afraid that I am gradually turning into a fatalist. Phew!

2. I believe that lunar movements affect my life to a huge extent. Yeah! Might seem creepy but very true. I am at the bottom during no moon days and at the peak when it is full moon. See, today is no moon day and I have caught cold. After fifteen days there is going to be the peak! That brings me to another belief of mine in astrology. I tried to read the subject in a scientific way but I haven’t come across much of a good literature. Whenever I am at home in summer, I spend my nights gazing stars and trying to remember their names. Someday I believe I will be able to decode their secret.

3. Indian Army inspired me a lot during my college years. And to join the army I worked hard. For a year, I ran 4 kilometers every morning. And when I say morning I want you to visualize and feel the mornings of North India in winters when it is freezing outside with fog covering everything. After running those 4 kilometers like there was a rocket in my a$, I took bath with cold water when it used to be 0 degrees outside. (‘Crazy bastard!’ My mates used to call me.) But that much of running has kept me at a steady weight when my mates are now finding ways to reduce their bulky stomachs (he he he…) I even managed to clear CDS but as it turned out to be I became a software engineer! But I am ok (at least trying to be) with that.

4. My teachers used to call me a goon. Once in school, when I had to make a choice between computer classes and basketball I chose… yeah… basketball, though I didn’t make much of a name there (nor could I have made in computers :P…). I regret refusing the proposal of a girl in my secondary school. I could not understand what she saw in me! But now when I understand that it is natural biological attraction, I really feel terrible that I broke the heart of a beautiful girl (who is now married to an Army Major!!!...@#$@#!!!)

5. I regard Metallica and Linkin Park as my guardian angels. Without these two bands I could not have survived the tumult of my initial professional years. I am not a complete music buff who has compartmentalized knowledge of music in his brains, but music has the ability to move me. Jhonny Depp is the only actor of caliber according to me, after AB. And I am looking forward for Shantaram where the two big-shots come together.

6. I started writing diary when I was 10. I used to write what I did every day from shitting to my fights and arguments in school. Then one day I found my mom reading my diary which pissed my arrogant brains off and I burnt every page of that and flushed the ashes in toilet. After that I didn’t write for almost 10 years. On similar capricious note, I deleted the 69 posts which I had been writing in this blog since Jan 2006 in April this year and gave off my five diaries (which contained four years of my life) to the raddiwallah. Damn it! I am a hopeless compulsive arrogant kid at times!

7. In May 2005, I walked 40 kilometers in mountain forests of Shimla in 10 hours of continuous self-destructive journey, just to vent off my frustration. Without enough food and water, fear of animals and dark, when the journey was completed and body recovered from the mindless adventure - a weak boy had turned into a brave man who understood the importance of home and hearth. I thought of giving the idea into discovery channel’s I SHOULDN’T BE ALIVE, but stories there were even more macabre and dangerous. But now I don’t have any more intentions to try myself out in such adventures… he he he…

8. I have heard that we should be careful about making a wish because they often come true. One day I want to return (seems far and impossible) to a village (may be my own village) and live like a farmer. But before that I want to travel as much as I can. These words almost wet my eyes when I am completely in need of them:
Priest: You don’t belong here. Your face tells that your future is bright.
Ashoka: Is it? What is written in my face? That I will become an Emperor?
Priest: No. You destiny will make you even greater than an Emperor.
Ashoka: Who can be greater than an emperor?
Priest: A traveler. A traveler exceeds the fortune of the greatest emperors when his journey comes to an end.
Silence… Peace…

(I recap what I wrote... ) Hmmm... Not bad! Good time pass and gave some time to retrospect!

Now let me see who I can tag though very few bloggers are expected to land here... he he he... DK Sushil Grin Robin Rahul Rashmi Sonia Dave
Phew!!! That makes eight of them. Two may get victimized, can't guarantee the rest six... :P...

No comments: