Wednesday, March 12, 2008

her tryst...

clouds of emotions cross her heart
with droplets of promises, flakes of hope
an old desire opens its dreary eyes
from the underground, an unknown slope..

when did this seed, this neglected desire
with an innocent face, wearing bawdry attire
entered her soul, she can hardly remember
but her heart has always fallen in its mire..

an earth plowed by corpses of traditions
sowed with rotten seeds of ambitions,
her soul has eroded, her heart is barren
never in peace with its own definitions..

'O father, why didn't you let me be
with my own dreams, and my tiny sea
why did you always teach me to believe
in a restless world I could never see..

I could've been me, with a name of my own
clear and simple, my mind would've grown
but you broke my knees, and pushed me to run
Ah! had you just loved me, I sure would've won..'

and she, her heart and the old desire
now too tired to dream or aspire
walk alone with a crowd of compromise
so used to darkness, so scared of a sunrise..

heart is always in war with the reason
and she doesn't know to whom she must listen
whether heart triumphs or her reasons win
always her soul feels guilty of a sin..

so her lips move, and whisper a prayer
an intense urge to be free from dispair
'I want to be strong, I want to be brave
I want to be in peace, I want to be aware..'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stand amid the roar
Of a surf-tormented shore,
And I hold within my hand
Grains of the golden sand
How few! yet how they creep
Through my fingers to the deep,
While I weep - while I weep!
O God! can I not grasp
Them with a tighter clasp?
O God! can I not save
One from the pitiless wave?
Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?

Finally her reasons win..
and No grudges with anyone,
She starts her walk again
In search of peace..she the All 'Alone'.

Rahul said...

oh sk! this is excellent.. u r amazing..