Wednesday, November 21, 2007

dindu's dilemma II...

For past few days I had been busy writing drafts of recommendation letters for my professors and managers. I am trying hard to get out of the country you see. For MS. All this time I had been living with these words - good communication skills, good team player, diligent, focused, calm, keen, eager, talented... He he he... And I found that it’s very difficult to write all good things about oneself. Especially, when you have to make sure that all recos ‘must not’ smell similar or you will be in trouble. Because no two people will write the similar things about you, isn’t it? But they ask you to draft the thing! So, all this while I was juggling with words and their synonyms…

Met Dindu the other day. I hope by now you are at least a little familiar with this victim of multilateral nomenclature. Same old coffee shop, same hot coffee and same old Dindu and same youthful I – we were peacefully 'sight-aDichhifying' w
hen suddenly Dindu got eerie.

D- ‘Dae Machan! Tell me one thing seriously man… if you are a 10 pointer then…’

R- ‘Wo.. oh.. ho.. wo..!! What happened suddenly?? You are scaring me man. ‘Seriously’ and ‘10Pointer’ are the words which have scared me throughout my life… And I am not the real 10 Pointer man… You know that it was only in one fateful semester… What shit is flying across your mind?’

FYI: 10 Pointer is the term similar to ‘Five Point’ Someone. 10 Pointer is a person who has ‘A’s in all courses of his Engineering academic history. I happened to have all ‘A’ in 6th semester of my history which earned me the sobriquet of ‘one sem’ 10 P, but people tend to miss the ‘one sem’ thing most of the times and create confusions…

D- ‘Whatever man! You made ‘A’ in Design of Machine Vibrations man!! You made ‘A’ in Heat Transfer!! Fucker!! Now tell me the answer of these questions if you are a real fundu mechanical engineer:

1) What is the role of girls/female/ladies in this world... Why are they born… and how is that a guy need to have a relationship with her?? Just pure love (with no lust) or love with lust. Give justifications for all your answers .

2) Why do they say girls are equivalent to goddess/Lakshmi..what quality in them we should recognize and respect to consider them equivalent to goddess. What do you think they possess that needs to be respected.'

R- ‘Ha ha ha ha… Fuck you man! If I made ‘A’ in those courses, it was because or the formulae that could be mugged and the firm support of people behind me who were ready to make happy ‘D’s. It was relative grading man! And also if I can solve Navier Stokes equation or Gyroscopes doesn’t mean that I can give you the answers of these questions. This is philosophy and psychology dude, not springs and Machines. There is no formula I know which can solve the above problems! Such questions are answered either by spiritual saints or psychiatrists!’

D- ‘I don’t know machan! You give me the answer… Write something about it in your blog… You just get me the fucking answers man, before I get married!’

Silence... Sip... Sip... Sip...

R- ‘Ok da! If you are so worried then I will try to formulate something by asking some people and reading some psychological literature, before your wife screws you! Now, let me look around and appreciate the beauty and you will pay the bill…’

4 comments:

Sushil said...

Rahul/Dindu,

Being engineers, it would be easy for you to conceive this:

How many theories of light are there in physics. Wave theory, wavelet theory, Electromagnetic rays, Particle theory, Wave–particle duality etc.
In science all of these theories co-exist as they explain different properties of light. No single existing theory can explain all the light properties.

Similarly, there are different ways to have a relation with women. Love, lust, motherly care etc. All these are properties of women. It depends on what you are looking for.

Rahul: In which subject are you going to apply for MS?

Anonymous said...

:)))))))

Rahul said...

@sushil: oh! i hope this will help dindu.. :) ..

MS? dunno.. may be computer science, may be s/w engg, may be economics, may be nothing :)).. no idea as of now.. will be clear in a few days!

@priya: :)) .. no words of solace/advice for the poor 'tambi' (dindu)? :(

Anonymous said...

m sorry, i don't have the answers to these highly filasaphical questions!! :)