Saturday, July 14, 2007

the flow...

Before anything further, I need to confess to myself and to all who are connected to me through this blog that amidst the chaos of mind and conflicts of thoughts, whatever I write and express here has meaning at one moment, but becomes a senseless story another moment. Even though I try my best to understand and write out the complicacies of my mind, yet clarity of mind and purity of emotions evade me. Still, I forgive myself hoping one day I will make it.

Corruption of mind reaches such an extent that it seeks more and more attention, leaving behind the essence of originality and humility which give it the very power of thought. It is difficult for the mind to live in anonymity; it is suffocating for it to stay without thought, and loneliness smothers it. But I still hope that one day I will be able to bring clarity to my mind, one day I will be able to see things as they are.

Life is a continuous flow. But we out of our limited awareness see it at discrete intervals. Life for us is those moments which leave a strong imprint in our memory. Look at a tree. The time we planted it, the time it blossomed the first time, the time first fruit grew on it, the time it was cut down! That’s the life in discrete intervals. But life of the tree was every moment that passed through, every leaf taking shape, the wind flowing though its branches, the rain, the snow, the dark nights, the scorching days, the falling of leaves.

What is a river for us? - The glacier, the fountain, the dam, the delta, the bridge, the bay. But the same river crosses through the unknown, unseen, uninhabited valleys, it passes through the mundane stones and sand which remain unnoticed forever, it is the same river which carries the dirt of the city along with it – that is also the very river.

Life happens like continuous flow, but is understood as a discrete happening. Life didn’t happen only when we were born, or we kissed our first kiss, or we accomplished our first success, or when we lost someone special, or we met someone special, or when 9/11 happened or we got our first job. Life is happening right now, right at the moment you are reading this. It is just that there is nothing which makes it so special to be remembered.

Life keeps flowing; but most of the time we are not swimming along with it. We are stuck at some whirlpool or holding too tight from falling down with a fountain or too scared to get mixed with the ocean.

1 comment:

Sushil said...

True. I am impressed.