Tuesday, June 12, 2007

with or without wings...

If I ask you (the helpless reader who somehow ended up reading this blog-post) 'which one is your favorite animal' what will you say... 'What a stupid question?' Yeah! That's one thing you might say. But since I don't have anything to do today so I request you to just expand your awareness around and see which one is your favorite animal (leave your colleagues, for we all fall under same species…) in the nature?

We will not get too technical here. Birds also included. So let us not get into domain, kingdom, phylum & subphylum, class & subclass, order, family, gene and species concepts here. Everyone's included except humans – from amoeba to dinosaurs, everyone!

So? Lion? Leopard? Horse? Dog? Cat? Rabbit? Monkey? Deer? Eagle? Snake? Hummingbird? Bumblebee? He he he!

Well, these are the members of kingdom-animalia I could remember, but there can be more. You may ask – what do I mean by favorite? And, I would say by favorite I mean 'like favorite actor/actress, favorite singer, and favorite music, favorite dish, and fruit' – the one who/which inspires!

Why is Big B a favorite actor of people around the world? Why is Rajini – The BOSS, a legend of south Indian populace (I included)? Why is Linkin Park famous among youngsters? Why is Kishoreda a resort to heart-broken? Why is Sunny Leone or Paris Hilton so famous among teenagers (wink ;)…)? Why? Why? Why? Inspiration! They (their talents, their personalities) are the companions of our deep anonymity to our own identities.

On the similar 'why?' notes I want you to contemplate which is your favorite animal and 'why?'

Yesterday, I was watching Discovery channel - a series on Penguins of the North Pole. And by god! I became a big fan of these sweet looking penguins after I watched them struggle and enjoy their "life" in 90 degrees below zero!

Tch! I am a fan of this fellow. Well, it is imperative that we must have a role model and a source of inspiration to guide us through the peaks and troughs of life. Penguin qualifies exceptionally well in that area! You will not be able to stop yourself from admiring this cute and sweet animal's struggle of life when you watch 'March of the Penguins'!


No comments: