Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Me@AOL...

I had no idea what I was going to experience when I boarded the flight to Bangalore on Jan 11th. I was confused and stressed to my point of breaking, victim of the air, light and sound pollution of the fast growing city, a cause and effect of fast spreading emotional pollution and in desperate need of a healthy break; formerly I planned to go to A&N Islands (inspired and envied by some beautiful people around me), but then thought that I required a deeper change than just a superficial change of only the place. I needed a change from inside.

And so I decided to go for the advance course of art of living at the Bangalore ashram. As I entered the ashram campus, first thing I got to see w
as Sri Sri Ravi Shankar himself. It happens once in thousand years you see. That such a person takes birth and with his knowledge and conviction brings a positive change in life of millions of other people around the world. And lucky I, I got to see him in person. There were people from all over the globe. Even those who did not understand English. People from Russia, China and Japan had specially brought a translator with them to understand the instructions and discourses.

The real thing started the next morning. The advance course commenced and everyone was supposed
to observe complete silence till end of the course i.e. you must not speak even a single word, not even make any eye contact with the other people. I was no way ready for that. Words started accumulating in my brain so fast that I thought I was going to explode with them soon. But I survived somehow. From morning 5 till evening 10 days were full of activities and more and more meditation. Sit cross legged, take your attention here, inhale like this, exhale like that and observe your brain… phew! My immunity could not stand the Bangalore cold and this rigorous practice. I had to return on the third day itself.

After returning, I slept the whole day as if there was no tomorrow. After coming back to senses, I only re
member Sri Sri’s eyes looking into mine, and that soft touch of His feet on my hands. I was fortunate and I was changed. Having a guru, a guide, a coach, a teacher is quintessential for the holistic growth of an individual. But everyone has different criterion for the Master. And everyone is not very fortunate to have a Master. My three days stay in the Bangalore ashram gave me a huge insight into my flaws and strengths. And I realized that when it comes to patience, trust and adaptability – I suck! Like hell.

Anyhow, it was my fortune that I saw the living Buddha right in front of my eyes, listened to his discourses live and even touched his feet. Wherever he goes, joy follows him! Had I been a little more adaptable, I could have successfully finished the course and the silence as well. But… :(...

No comments: